Tuesday, October 27, 2009

you inspire you. gravestones and martha stewart.





In the spirit of All Hallow's Eve, Martha Stewart Living ran this article about "the headstones of this country's oldest cemeteries." I don't know how other families do, but in mine, we visit cemeteries all of the time. I mean, cemeteries where relatives are buried...not just any old cemetery for shizzers and giggles or something. I took this Polaroid when I was in Boston on The Freedom Trail this past summer. I really like Puritan Death Heads as those little skulls with wings on the gravestones are aptly named. That would actually make a great band name. Anywho, I like cemeteries. During the day at least. And the more you think about it, people are obsessed with cemeteries and graves and memorials to the once living. Think about Napoleon's tomb in Paris! Or those beautiful cemeteries in New Orleans full of mausoleum's...or the tomb of the unknown soldier in Arlington, Va....there is so much inspiration in death.

No comments:

Post a Comment